Butternut Squash Soup
- 1/2 cup Cocogoods Co. Organic Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded, and diced
- 1 (2 lbs) Butternut squash-peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh thyme to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, ginger, and jalapeno pepper; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent about 7 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and chicken broth, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the squash is tender about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, coconut milk, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes more.
- Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a clean pot.
- Ladle into bowls, and garnish with Sour Cream and thyme to serve.
Be the first to write a comment.