Caribbean Pumpkin Ginger Soup
- 1 tbsp Coco Goods Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 15 oz can pumpkin (or 1 pound peeled, cubed Calabaza pumpkin)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Coco Goods Coconut Milk Lite (or half and half)
- 2 tsp cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stir in onion, carrots and ginger; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in pumpkin, chicken broth, coconut milk, sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and stir in sour cream and lime juice. (If using fresh cubed pumpkin, boil until softened; 10 to 15 minutes.)
- Puree soup until very smooth in an electric blender or using a stick blender.
- Garnish with a swirl of sour cream and sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired. Serve immediately.
Be the first to write a comment.