Coconut Apple Bar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1- 14 ounce can of fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of just the apples (none of the liquidy filling stuff) from a can of apple pie filling, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup cinnamon flavored chips (can sub peanut butter, white chocolate, or butterscotch)
- 1/2 cup CocoGoodsCo Sweetened Natural Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup caramel bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8" x 8" glass baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter in a small bowl. Pour into the prepared baking dish and press down firmly with the back of a spoon or measuring cup to create the level crust.
- In the same small bowl, you used to mix the crust, combine the chopped apples with the sweetened condensed milk. Pour evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the milk/apple layer with the cinnamon chips, sweetened natural coconut flakes, chopped walnuts, and caramel bits, in that order.
- Press down gently into the milk/apple layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 -35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the bars are set. Remove from oven and cool completely. Sprinkle top with salt. Place in refrigerator for a couple of hours to chill. Once chilled, remove from refrigerator for about 10 minutes then cut into bars.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Be the first to write a comment.