Coconut Flour Pancakes
Coconut Flour Pancakes are thick, fluffy, full of the Goodness of the Coconut, and pairs great with fresh fruit, whipped coconut cream, maple syrup, or nut butter of your choice. This simple recipe utilizes CocoGoodsCo Coconut Flour and CocoGoodsCo Refined Coconut Oil with the basic ingredients of homemade pancakes.
Find more CocoGoodsCo DIY projects and recipes here!
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons CocoGoodsCo Refined Coconut Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup CocoGoodsCo Coconut Flour
- Toppings for serving: fresh fruit, whipped coconut cream, maple syrup, or nut butter of your choice
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, eggs, honey, and vanilla. Once everything is combined, whisk in the coconut oil. If the oil resolidifies, microwave the bowl for a few seconds to re-liquify it.
- Sprinkle baking powder, baking soda, and salt over the top. Slowly add the coconut flour. With a spatula, stir until the coconut flour disappears and no lumps remain. Let rest for 10 minutes (this allows the flour to absorb some of the liquid and the batter to thicken and will keep your pancakes from becoming dry).
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over low to medium-low heat. Once hot, portion the pancakes by 1 tablespoon batter each. They will spread into a 3-inch silver dollar size. Cook for 3 1/2 to 4 full minutes. When ready, the pancakes should be very dry at the edges and start to look set on top. To flip, wiggle a flexible spatula underneath one edge, then coax it across the bottom, stopping as soon as you think you can flip. The pancakes are quite delicate—if it doesn't flip perfectly, don't worry, it will still taste delicious. Repeat with the remaining pancakes, adding a light amount of butter, oil, or nonstick spray to the skillet as needed to prevent sticking. If you like, you can keep the pancakes warm in a 200 degree F oven while you cook the remainder. Enjoy warm with desired toppings.
Be the first to write a comment.