Coconut Sugar Cookies
February is the month of love and we are in love with the Coconut Sugar Cookies. The recipe uses CocoGoodsCo’s Coconut Flour and Refined Oil and with the addition of Coconut Milk for the icing to make this sweet treat you can share with those you love this month. Remember when you share CocoGoodsCo, you’re sharing the goodness of the coconut for the good of the world.
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp CocoGoodsCo. Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup room temperature CocoGoodsCo. Refined Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of water
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp CocoGoodsCo. Coconut Milk
- 4 tsp white corn syrup
- To make Sugar Cookies, begin in a medium-sized bowl combine the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil and the sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is nice and light. Add the water and vanilla and beat until the mixture is well combined.
- Gradually add the coconut flour mixture to the creamed sugar mixture, beating to combine.
- Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour.
- Before rolling, let the dough sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Roll the dough directly onto parchment paper. The dough should be ¼" thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out the dough, use a flat spatula to gently remove the excess dough.
- Keep re-rolling and cutting out the dough until it's all used up.
- Transfer the cookies to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave 1" space between cookies.
- Place the unbaked cookies into the freezer to chill for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges and barely firm in the center. You’ll want to let them rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Let them cool completely before decorating.
- To form the icing begin in a small bowl; beat together the powdered sugar and coconut milk until smooth.
- Add corn syrup and continue beating until it’s thick and glossy
- Separate into bowls and add food coloring if you want!
- Decorate cookies!
- To keep leftover Icing: Immediately transfer the icing into a piping bag or airtight container to prevent icing from drying out.
Be the first to write a comment.