Simmered Shrimp with Coconut Milk
- 500g (or 1lb) of Shrimp
- 150ml of Coco Goods Co. Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp of Coco Goods Co. Organic Refined Coconut Oil
- 30g of Garlic (minced)
- 30g Shallot (minced)
- 222ml (or 2 tbsp) Fish Sauce
- 7ml (or 1/2 tbsp) Seafood seasoning
- 7ml (or 1/2 tbsp) Pepper
- 5ml (or 1/3 tbsp) Salt
- Season the shrimp with the seafood seasoning, pepper, salt, fish sauce, and mix evenly. Allow shrimp to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove Shrimp from marinade after 15 minutes.
- Heat refined coconut oil in a pan until hot. Add minced garlic, minced shallot, and cook, stirring frequently until golden.
- Add the shrimp into the pan, mix and stir evenly until shrimps are pink.
- Add coconut milk, sugar, and cook until mixture is simmering and thickened. Once thickened, reduce or turn off the heat.
- Place the shrimp into the plate and garnish with scallion if desired. Serve with steamed rice and use the remaining coconut mixture to flavor rice to taste.
Be the first to write a comment.