Organic Coconut Flour 36OZ
Organic coconut flour is a low-carb, gluten-free baking alternative to wheat flour. It provides a good source of protein and fiber, which makes this healthy flour particularly satisfying. Suitable for many diets, coconut flour creates baked goods with perfect textures. It can even be added to smoothies and soups for a boost of nutrition.
Coconut flour is made from ground-up, dried coconut meat. Our coconut flour is 100% all-natural, organic and unsweetened, although the natural sugars in the coconut make the flour mildly sweet. Some consider coconut flour just as tasty as wheat flour, if not tastier, and it has the advantage of being completely gluten-free. Also, organic coconut flour contains more fiber than any other flour, making it especially filling and a popular choice for those trying to lose weight.
- 100% Gluten-Free: Coconut flour is naturally gluten-free, making it a popular ingredient for those who have gluten allergies or want to eliminate gluten from their diet. It has a naturally high nutritional content which makes it an excellent substitution for wheat flours.
- Protein Powerhouse: With 14 grams of protein per 100 grams of flour, organic coconut flour contains more protein than white, wheat, rye flour, and cornmeal flours. Protein is an important component in building and maintaining healthy muscles.
- Full of Fiber: Organic coconut flour contains 43 grams of fiber per 100 grams of coconut flour: double the amount found in wheat
- Fiber helps sustain the feeling of fullness and helps slow the absorption of sugar into our bloodstream.
- Heart-Healthy: A 2006 study published in Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies found that the fiber content present in coconut flour is effective at lowering cholesterol levels and reducing the risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease.
- Helps to Regulate Spikes in Blood Sugar: Fiber-rich foods such as coconut flour tend to have a low glycemic index because they are better at regulating blood sugar levels. A 2003 study published in The British Journal of Nutrition found that using increased amounts of coconut flour in baked goods lowered the glycemic index of the foods.
A 0.9 ounce serving (about 25 grams) of coconut flour contains:
- 107 calories
- 4.5 grams of protein
- 11 grams of dietary fiber (44% DV)
- 15 grams of carbohydrates (5% DV)
- 12.5 percent of the DV for iron
Combine with other gluten-free flours and following our recipes ideas to have a perfect outcome (coconut flour bread, cakes, muffins).
Be the first to write a comment.