CocoGoods Co. - Simmered Shrimp with Coconut Milk
- 500g (or 1lb) of Shrimp
- 150ml of Coco Goods Co. Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp of Coco Goods Co. Organic Refined Coconut Oil
- 30g of Garlic (minced)
- 30g Shallot (minced)
- 222ml (or 2 tbsp) Fish Sauce
- 7ml (or 1/2 tbsp) Seafood seasoning
- 7ml (or 1/2 tbsp) Pepper
- 5ml (or 1/3 tbsp) Salt
- Season the shrimp with the seafood seasoning, pepper, salt, fish sauce, and mix evenly. Allow shrimp to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove Shrimp from marinade after 15 minutes.
- Heat refined coconut oil in a pan until hot. Add minced garlic, minced shallot, and cook, stirring frequently until golden.
- Add the shrimp into the pan, mix and stir evenly until shrimps are pink.
- Add coconut milk, sugar, and cook until mixture is simmering and thickened. Once thickened, reduce or turn off the heat.
- Place the shrimp into the plate and garnish with scallion if desired. Serve with steamed rice and use the remaining coconut mixture to flavor rice to taste.