CocoGoods Co. - Lemon and Coconut Flour Cake
With a blend of lemon fresh zest and creamy coconut flavor, Texas Tasty's Cocogoods Co.'s Lemon and Coconut Flour Cake is light sweet treat to welcome Summer. The sweet and sour combination in relation with creamy and moist will have you experiencing the Goodness of the Coconut!
Find more CocoGoodsCo DIY projects and recipes here! Follow us on Facebook & Instagram for more recipes and a chance to win FREE CocoGoodsCo Goodies every month! And check out Texas Tasty's recipes and follow Texas Tasty on instagram!
- 3/4 cup Coco Goods coconut flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Coco Goods coconut oil
- 4 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup Coco Goods coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon
Frosting & Decoration
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 lemon
- Coco Goods Original Flavor Coconut Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cover the top of a mixing bowl with a sieve or mesh strainer.
- Pour in 3/4 cups Coco Goods coconut flour.
- Add in 3 tsp baking powder.
- Add in 1/4 tsp salt.
- Sift the dry ingredients.
- Pour 1/2 cup granulated sugar into the mixing bowl with the sifted dry ingredients. Whisk the dry ingredients to make sure everything is evenly distributed.
- In a separate mixing bowl, pour in 1/4 cup Coco Goods coconut oil.
- Pour in 2/3 cup Coco Goods coconut milk. (Make sure to shake the can of coconut milk well before opening.)
- Crack in 4 eggs and 2 egg whites.
- Add tbsp vanilla extract.
- Whisk until the wet ingredients are well blended.
- Zest 1 lemon into a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients and the zest of 1 lemon into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until well incorporated.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper and grease the sides with some oil or butter.
- Pour the finished batter into the cake pan and smooth out the top with the spatula.
- Place the cake pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Take the cake pan out of the oven and let it cool.
- Transfer the cake onto a large serving plate.
- *Optional: Poke holes around the top of the cake with a toothpick and use the juice from the lemon as simple syrup. It adds a nice touch of lemon flavor and acidity.
- Add 3 tbsp powdered sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Add the solid part of the coconut cream into the mixing bowl. Discard the liquid part.
- Whisk until it forms soft peaks.
- Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Take the frosting out of the fridge and whisk before use.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the top of the cake with the back of a spoon.
- Zest 1 lemon and sprinkle the zest over the frosting.
- Sprinkle some Coco Goods coconut chips over the frosting for a nice crunch!