CocoGoods Co - Thai Chicken Coconut Curry
Bring the flavors of Thai curry home with CocoGoods Co. Thais Chicken Coconut Curry with taste of garlic, ginger, coriander, tender chicken, and spinach. Make it today.
- 2 to 3 tbsp CocoGoods Co. Coconut Oil (olive oil may be substituted)
- 1 medium/large sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, diced small
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 2 to 3 tsp ground ginger or 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 13 oz can CocoGoods Co. Coconut Milk
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 to 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 to 2 tbsp brown sugar, optional and to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped for garnishing (basil may be substituted)
- Optional: rice, quinoa, or naan for serving
- To a large skillet, add the oil, onion, and saute over medium-high heat until the onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir intermittently.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is done; flip and stir often to ensure even cooking,
- Add the garlic, ginger, coriander, and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant; stir frequently.
- Add the coconut milk, carrots, Thai curry paste, salt, pepper, and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to medium, and allow mixture to gently boil for about 5 minutes. or until liquid volume has reduced as much as desired and thickens slightly.
- Add the spinach, lime juice, and stir to combine. Cook until spinach has wilted and is rendel about 1 to 2 minutes, Taste and optionally add brown sugar, additional curry paste, salt, pepper, etc. to taste.
- Evenly sprinkle with the cilantro and serve immediately. Curry is best warm and test keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week.