Planning your holiday or small family dinner and looking for a change to your cornbread recipe? Try cornbread made with CocoGoodsCo. Organic Coconut Cream and Organic Refined Oil for a smooth twist on a classic favorite. Enjoy this cornbread recipe with dinner, lunches, or a smooth and rich dessert and experience the Goodness of the Coconut.
Find more CocoGoodsCo DIY projects and recipes here! Follow us on Facebook & Instagram for more recipes and a chance to win FREE CocoGoodsCo Goodies every month!
- 1 cup fine ground cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 can of CocoGoodsCo. Organic Coconut Cream
- 1 can cream corn
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons CocoGoodsCo. Organic Refined Coconut Oil
- Place cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
- In small bowl stir together cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl mix sugar eggs, coconut cream and creamed corn, mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir just until combine ingredients (don’t over-mix! The batter doesn't need to be completely smooth)
- Add the coconut oil to the cast iron skillet and allow to melt.
- Pour the batter immediately into the pan, smoothing into an even layer.
- Bake for about 28-32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with few moist crumbs.
- Let cool before cutting into wedges and serving!